His Hands Ministries Praise Report for 2013
- Our main projects for 2013 were additions and repairs to donated trailers before giving them to the required families.
- Volunteers did some extensive painting on the main buildings as well as minor repairs. A fence was constructed across the back of the property to keep the goats out.
- Several R.V. parks in the Mission area have become regular donors of household furnishings. This requires pickups 2-3 times a week, as many do not have trucks or the manpower to lift or deliver.
- Our monthly food cost for distribution averages $650 a month and supplements about 150 families (this doesn't cover operating costs). We remain on call for any emergencies through the Rio Grande Food Bank. Walmart and H.E.B. send out a truck through the RGB with bread and cakes twice a week now, and that supplements around 75 families. This year, our pantry dispensed 189,285 lbs of food.
- We held our annual Daily Vacation Bible School for the Spring Break and had a good response of 85 children by the last day. Each child received a tote bag with a notebook, toiletries, pen and pencil. They also received a small pocket Bible in Spanish (donated by the Gideons). Homemade quilts were given to each child as they went home on Friday afternoon.
- Family bags were given out at Easter with bath towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap, razors, toothbrushes, and toothpaste.
- We continue to hold regular services on Sunday morning in our Chapel and perform special services as requested.
- We average 15-20 hot meals daily on site for local volunteers and "Winter Texans" from mid November to the end of April.
- Christmas was another busy time for us and all our families in the nearby Colonias. 226 families received blankets and warm clothing. 355 blankets or quilts were handed out. Each family received a ham, along with their regular allotment of food. 550 children received hats, sweaters, some fruit, a toy and of course, a bag of candy. A BBQ was held and 600 hot dogs were served to the children. A busy time!!